Each of our Strengths in Education courses includes:
- Learning goals for the course
- PowerPoint presentations and short, relevant videos
- Quizzes, reflection questions
- Free handouts, tools or downloadable documents
- Tips on how to apply the content in a practical way
- Additional resources, such as the science and research behind this module and links to extra learning on the content
- Understanding the background behind Strengths and Positive Psychology in Education
- Learning about the evidence-based benefits Strengths and Positive Psychology in education
- Clarifying the difference between a talent and a character strength
Speaker, Facilitator, Author
About the instructor
Penny Nesbitt is a highly experienced facilitator, speaker, author and ‘culture coach’, who specialises in culture change, positive leadership, positive education, motivating and growing people and productivity through a strengths-based approach.
Over many years, she has delivered workshops, lectures and motivational talks to diverse groups of people from community groups, medicine and social work undergraduates through to employees at all levels, from graduates to executive level, across diverse private and public industry sectors.
In June 2017, she published her first book Culture 101: the four keys to thriving people and culture which has received rave reviews on Goodreads.
She has also appeared several times on radio national ABC, and was interviewed on radio 2UE and for HR Daily, and has been a regular contributor to Westpac’s Ruby Connection website.
Penny has a reputation for presenting even complex material in a highly engaging, impactful, at many times light-hearted way, weaving stories and anecdotes throughout her delivery.
She is now a sought after guest speaker and can present on the following topics:
- The Four keys to Culture
- Strengths Based Leadership
- Motivating through strengths
- Finding your Why (reconnecting to core purpose)
- Optimism, play and a light heart at work
- Recognition and reward
- Team Building (minus the paintball)
- Imaginistics: creating a culture of creativity and innovation
- The Power of Storytelling at work
- Oy! Yo! You listening to me? (The real reasons we struggle with being good listeners)
- The nerdy neuroscience behind great cultures